Annual Golf Challenge Results
Yet again the FCS Golf Challenge was a great success. We would like to thank the St Andrews Links Trust for allowing us to play the course, Kevin Mackay, Alan Patterson and their teams at the castle course for a fantastic day. The course is in great condition (shame it didn’t help the presidents game!) We would also like to thank our sponsors, companies and employers who have kindly donated prizes and the players for making it such a success we hope that you all enjoyed your day!
F.C.S golf day placings 2014 - in reverse order.....
Grampian Chef of the Year Results
Following an incredible 2 days of competition we are delighted to announce the results of the Grampian Chef of the Year Competition as run by Hospitality Training and judged by the Federation of Chefs Scotland.
- Pastry chef of the year with a silver medal - Sam Ritchie from Raemoir House
- Seafood chef of the year with a Silver medal - Bob Miller from Milton Brasserie
- Young chef of the year with a Gold medal Matthew Lobban from the Chester Hotel
- Contract chef of the year with a Gold medal David Mathieson from Entier
- Grampian Hotel/ Restaurant chef if the year with a gold medal Ryan Patterson from the Cock and Bull
- And the overall winner with the highest mark and the current Grampian chef of the year is David Mathieson from Entier.
Ian MacDonald President of the Federation said "This has been the best ever standard in all competitions we have judged over the years in Grampian congratulations to all of the winners!"
More pictures and details of all the winners to follow.
ScotHot 2015 Launches as part of Tourism Week Signature Programme
Today at Hotelympia, the official launch of Scottish Tourism Week's The Signature Programme took place- a series of exciting events celebrating Scottish food, drink tourism and hospitality. The 3rd -5th March, 2015 will be the most important week for all those in the industry, especially as 2015 is the year of food and drink for Scotland.
The three days will include 5 individual events that come together as the Signature Programme events: Below are the exciting line-up of of must-attend events, awards and competitions that make up The Signature Programme:
- Scotland Food and Drink AGM - 3rd March, Crowne Plaza
- Scottish Tourism Industry Conference - 4th - 5th March, SECC and
- Scottish Tourism Week Dinner with a Difference - 4th March, Science Centre
- ScotHot - 4th-5th March, SECC
- Scottish Culinary Championships - 4th-5th March, SECC
- Scottish Thistle Awards - 5th March Read More